Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger, Rest In Peace (Supercar #4)

The sad news came as a shock to me and the world today, not unlike a joy buzzer, but without the joy. The actor Heath Ledger has died.

I have seen the "bank heist" prologue for The Dark Knight, and I have never been more impressed with or excited for an actor's performance as I have been with Mr. Ledger's portrayal of The Joker.

Lately I have been focusing on my Super-Car series of drawings. I had considered adding villains to my series, so when I heard the news about Heath, I had to draw The Joker. This image is more of the essence of The Joker. Sometimes funny, sometimes scary, always iconic.

With his role in The Dark Knight Mr. Ledger is sure to wow audiences and add another tier to that American icon - sadly it will now be done posthumously.

Rest In Peace Heath Ledger.

1 comment:

Esbat said...

Great Depiction!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...