Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hell is for Children

This is it, kids. The moment you've all been waiting for.

October 31st.

Halloween.

And most importantly - Countdown to Girl-oween Day 31!

First off I want to thank everyone who visited my art blog during this monstrously monumental of holiday seasons. I want to especially thank everyone who took the time to post a comment. I tried to avoid responding too much myself during 'Girl-oween,' letting my art do all the talking. But know that all your comments are greatly appreciated and helped keep me going through the month. It wasn't always easy, but amazingly I did not miss a single day of posting!

That's 31 spooky, scary, demonic, freaky, monstrous girls, with a couple sweet cuties thrown in for good measure. Kind of like my love life.

And I saved the best for last. Hopefully also like my love life haha.

Here she is folks - the first lady of all horror herself, Regan MacNeil from the novel and film The Exorcist.

This movie and book both freaked me out plenty. I admit, even drawing this damn thing got me feeling a little uneasy.

This image is from a scene that was originally cut from the theatrical release, wherein Regan crawls backwards and upside-down down the stairs and into the living room where her mom is having a cocktail party. The scene does appear in the original novel, and has been added to the 'extras' on recent DVD releases I do believe.


Creepy stuff, and well deserving of the honorary position of Halloween Day's Girl-oween Post, if I do say so myself.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make Halloween 2010 such a fun event, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Be sure to check out all the other Countdown to Halloween blogging participants when you get the chance. There are a lot of them!

Stay scary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just saw this...I see you save the best for last. That illustration is fantastic! Believe it or not, I don't think I've seen that cut scene. I'll have to look for it one of these days.

Bubbashelby said...

Thanks Jay! You can probably find the scene online somewhere.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

somehow i missed this- Goddamn! that IS creepy! didn't know about that scene :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...